Seraf has a quick exit tool for recording company write-offs found on the Investment page of each company profile. Follow these instructions to use it:
- Open the company record for the company you'd like to exit. (To do so, click on the company name from Current Investments or anywhere else in your account.)
- Go to the Investment tab within the company profile. The Investment page displays your holdings by round.
- Click the Actions button on the top right.
- Select "Exit this Investment" from the drop-down options.
- Enter the Exit Proceeds for each round in which you have invested. In the case of a write-off, enter 0 for each round.
- Enter the Exit Date or best estimate.
- Enter a Memo with any important notes related to the exit.
- Click Review.
- Review for accuracy and, if alright, click "Exit the Investment".
Seraf will automatically create the "exit transactions" for you. Once exited, the company should appear in the Exits & Returns section of your portfolio and you will see the exit reflected on the Investment tab of the company profile.
Note that you can also access the quick exit tool from Portfolio Management. Just click the exit icon in the column for Edit/Exit.
Enterprise accounts will need to Update Calculations in order to see the updated records after an exit.